Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bowling: How to play a perfect game ? [1996]

To be honest , I don't really know the answer to my own question !

I have read about our national bowler, Karen Lian striking it rich after she scored a perfect game in Singapore. I even personally know of a Penang Bowler, Mr. Eddie Lau who won RM 10,000 and a Volvo after a perfect game during one of the International Pesta Bowling Tournament held at Penang Bowl.

As for me, the highest I have ever achieved was a 279. Actually, I did played a perfect game in 1989 and all I got to show for it is RM 50 as it was during a 9-pin Tap tournament !
Anyway, although I am far from being a perfect bowler, I have been bowling (on & off) since 1984. I have read quite a number of bowling books and is quite competent on the technical aspects of the game. So here's some tips to help you bowl better.

How to Strike

If you are a right hander, you have to roll your ball into the 1-3 pocket over your favourite arrow from the right side of the lane. Conversely, if you are a left hander, roll your ball over the said arrow from the left side of the lane to hit the 1-2 pocket.

If your ball is on target over your selcted arrow into the 1-2 or 1-3 pockets and you leave a Pin-5, it simply means that your ball is FLAT ie by the time the ball reaches the pocket, it is sliding and not rolling. The solution is to put more LIFT into your delivery.

No comments:

Original Welcome Page - Last Updated 28th January 2000

Welcome to my home page.

Since 26 April 1996, I have been cracking my head to gather information about myself (past & present), my interests, and my job to place them here for you to explore and enjoy.

Did you know that there are more than 500,000 Malaysians and more than 200 million people worldwide who access the Web? This World Wide Web Site (which is always under construction) is an example of the many ways that people are learning more about the world around them and is truly an exciting new way to communicate.

Great news ! "Your Past, Present & Future..." section of this web site has been honoured by a review by Cybertrek under " Fortune Telling on the Net" on the front cover of the June 1997 edition of PC World Malaysia !

Please drop me a line before you leave my site. You can do this by clicking here or on the email button at the bottom of this page or by filling out the form in my guest book. If you are not sure what to write, click here to take a look at what other visitors have to say. In the meantime, browse to your heart's content and most of all, "Have Fun!".

Thank's for dropping by and signing my guest book. By the way, you are visitor since 3 June 1996. Don't forget to bookmark this page and please visit again as there is always something new... somewhere in this web site.

CCH

28th January 2000