Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sadhu... Sahdhu ... Sahdhu [1996]



Born as a BuddhistI was born as a buddhist...so says my birth certificate !

However, I don't know much about buddhism except the concept of karma, action & reaction, living in moderation etc. To be honest, what little I know are from my Form 1-3 history books !

Linking to Buddhist Sites

Anyway, a client who I consider to be a friend, C.H. Lee suggests a link to the YBAM home page.

The other link is from a vistor to this home page, Tan Kian Khoon

As suggested by TS Lai in his comments on my guest book, I am adding as many links as possible to other buddhist related sites.. If you know of a buddhist related site particularly in Malaysia, please don't hesitate to let me know by e-mail or by signing my guestbook
Just received an e-mail from C.H. Lee that Mr. TS Lai is currently an Economics Lecturer in Universiti Utara Malaysia, YBAM Vice President and the Chairman of YBAM Kedah State Liaison Committee.

Mr. Lee Chin Soo wrote on 14 April 1997 as follows :
"Just to let you know I have created a homepage called Singapore DharmaNet at http://www.cyberway.com.sg/~chinsoo/dharma.htm . It has all the information you want to know about Buddhism . It has a fantastic homepage by Tan Chade-Meng ( under email address of Buddhist friends ) on Buddhism too . Check it out .
Regards
Chin Soo"

Francis Phoon
By the way, my brother-in-law, Francis Phoon helped in the selection of the sites listed below. Francis is pretty knowledgeable in buddhism and you may see some of buddhism related writings here in the near future.

Saddhu Saddhu Saddhu...With Metta

I notice that most buddhists use the terms Saddhu Saddhu Saddhu & With Metta as part of their greetings. Again, C.H. Lee came to my rescue and explained that :
Saddhu, Saddhu, Saddhu are Sanskrit / Pali words literally translated as " Excellence, Excellence, Excellence" and are uttered when the person learnt something good and benefit himself and others from a teacher. It shows the joy /happiness of the person as well, when he heard somethings good has happened.
Metta means compassion, loving-kindness.

Wheel of Dharma
The turning wheel of Dharma ( also known as Dhammachakka in Pali) is the animated graphic image that I have chosen to represent buddhism. The eight pillars in the wheel represent the Noble Eight Fold Path (The Middle Path) as taught by the Buddha The Noble Eight Fold Path are, in sequence :
Right Understanding
Right Thoughts
Right Speech
Right Action
Right Livelihood
Right Effort
Right Mindfulness
Right Concentration

Jayanto, IndonesiaJayanto, a visitor on 8 July 1996 to this home page, was invited by me to contribute his buddhism based articles which were published by Indonesian magazines. Click here to view his Guestbook entry.
His first contribution ( and I hope not his last) is in Indonesian and is called Idola
Let's get started...

No comments:

Original Welcome Page - Last Updated 28th January 2000

Welcome to my home page.

Since 26 April 1996, I have been cracking my head to gather information about myself (past & present), my interests, and my job to place them here for you to explore and enjoy.

Did you know that there are more than 500,000 Malaysians and more than 200 million people worldwide who access the Web? This World Wide Web Site (which is always under construction) is an example of the many ways that people are learning more about the world around them and is truly an exciting new way to communicate.

Great news ! "Your Past, Present & Future..." section of this web site has been honoured by a review by Cybertrek under " Fortune Telling on the Net" on the front cover of the June 1997 edition of PC World Malaysia !

Please drop me a line before you leave my site. You can do this by clicking here or on the email button at the bottom of this page or by filling out the form in my guest book. If you are not sure what to write, click here to take a look at what other visitors have to say. In the meantime, browse to your heart's content and most of all, "Have Fun!".

Thank's for dropping by and signing my guest book. By the way, you are visitor since 3 June 1996. Don't forget to bookmark this page and please visit again as there is always something new... somewhere in this web site.

CCH

28th January 2000