Thursday, October 15, 2009

Penang Hawkers Food : Wan Tan Mee [Updated 2nd Dec 2009]

Based on a poll carried out by the Penang State Government , Wan Tan Mee was voted # 12 with 1109 votes out of 2,018. The objective of the poll was to select 12 food that will be featured in the special brochure called the “Penang 12 Best Food”. However, I read somewhere that Mee Goreng (ranked # 15 with 997 votes) will replace Wan Tan Mee as Penang Best Food # 12 :-)

There is 2 basic version ie the Dry and the Wet version and this is how Wan Tan Mee (at New World Park) looks like  :-



For me, the version at New World Park is just okay.

This how the version at the New Cathay Coffee Shop opposite Belissa Row, Pulau Tikus looks like





All I have to do is to say "Good Morning" to the Lady and the above will be served to me automatically :-) I love the fried Wan Tan and the bowl of wet Wan Tan but I think the wet Wan Tan will taste better without the taste of prawn in it.

Updated on 2nd December 2009

This how the version of the Wan Tan Mee sold by the seller beside Union Primary School in Jlan Burmah


.





No comments:

Original Welcome Page - Last Updated 28th January 2000

Welcome to my home page.

Since 26 April 1996, I have been cracking my head to gather information about myself (past & present), my interests, and my job to place them here for you to explore and enjoy.

Did you know that there are more than 500,000 Malaysians and more than 200 million people worldwide who access the Web? This World Wide Web Site (which is always under construction) is an example of the many ways that people are learning more about the world around them and is truly an exciting new way to communicate.

Great news ! "Your Past, Present & Future..." section of this web site has been honoured by a review by Cybertrek under " Fortune Telling on the Net" on the front cover of the June 1997 edition of PC World Malaysia !

Please drop me a line before you leave my site. You can do this by clicking here or on the email button at the bottom of this page or by filling out the form in my guest book. If you are not sure what to write, click here to take a look at what other visitors have to say. In the meantime, browse to your heart's content and most of all, "Have Fun!".

Thank's for dropping by and signing my guest book. By the way, you are visitor since 3 June 1996. Don't forget to bookmark this page and please visit again as there is always something new... somewhere in this web site.

CCH

28th January 2000